Performance Measurement Scheme (PMS) for National Statistical Agencies and Other Data Producers
Name of Organization:
This Performance Measurement Scheme is a module of the Governance Project, one component of the 'Re-engineering the Government Statistical Services Project Phase II' being implemented by the NSCB. This Governance Project was specifically conceived to respond to the importance of good governance.
There are two sets of indicators being developed:
- used to monitor and measure governance for the national government agencies (NGAs) and the Government Controlled Corporations (GOCCs)
- is intended to measure the performance of national statistical agencies and other data producers.
The second set of indicators were identified based on the Principles/criteria cited in the UN Fundamental Principles of Official Statistics.
Hardcopy publication and electronic file is available at the National Statistical Information Center of the NSCB.
Cost (specify currency):
Part of regular activities of the office
Government of the Philippines (GOP)
Source of Data:
Own source of data
Specifications of type of data collection:
Selected agencies were asked to accomplish questionnaires: purposive sampling.
The information is to be provided by the responding agencies using the PMS Questionnaire, which is made up of three parts:
- Form 1-Agency Resources, Products and Services
- Form 2- Coordination
- Form 3- Research and Training
Measurement Methods / Tools Generated or Used :
- PMS Questionnaire was constructed.
- Questionnaires were distributed to selected agencies.
- Indicators were presented in percent.
- Metadata was also provided.
List of Indicators:
Around 40 indicators were included in the report.