Toward eradication of torture and respect for Human Rights
Name of Organization:
The activity of ARCT covers the entire Albanian territory and deals with questions related with the rehabilitation of the torture victims and torture prevention in all its forms, as well as the full respect of human rights and other matters of research in these fields. The organization continuously makes assessments and surveys according to the aim and activities, and provide statistics regarding the field of Human Rights and other activities.
The objectives of the latest project under process "Toward eradication of torture and Respect for Human Rights" are as follows:
- To provide specialist medical and psychosocial treatment and rehabilitation, social and legal aid to torture survivors and their families;
- To act as advocate for the target group of torture survivors by increasing the attention to the extent and negative consequences of torture and trauma in the Albanian society;
- To contribute to prevention of torture and organized violence through education and training of police and prison staff, health and education personnel;
- To do research on selected torture issues in order to document the extent and consequences of torture in Albania;
- To work out information material on torture, ill treatment and organized violence.
Information on the activities of the Centre:
- "Experience of torture rehabilitation and prevention, in Albania", 60 pages, in English.
- "Psychosocial help in schools", 115 pages, in Albanian, 200-2001.
- "Needs Assessment and Memorization, Rehabilitation and reintegration status of former politically persecuted in Albania", 184 pages, in English.
- "Cultural Aspects of Evaluation Treatment of Trauma", 117 pages, in English.
- "When children need help", Tirana 2002, 134 pages in Albanian.
The project "Toward eradication of torture and Respect for Human Rights" is under process and concret result have not been published yet.
Swedish International Development Agency ( SIDA )
Source of Data:
Using a combination of own and existing data
Type of Data Collection:
In depth interviews
Panel of experts
Random sample population survey
List of Indicators:
Level of incomes and living conditions
Mental health condition in general and psycho-social conditions in particular